HANSHEP Secretariat is looking for a Strategic Communication Specialist
We're looking for an experienced Communications Strategist to join the HANSHEP Secretariat team. You will need to have proven experience in communication and content strategy development.
HANSHEP Strategic Communications
MDY Legal International Development
Fixed Term Contract of 100 days over 6 months (renewable by mutual agreement). The majority of work will be home desk based with regular meetings at the HANSHEP Secretariat in London. A competitive fee rate commensurate with the role will be offered.
We are looking for an experienced Communications Strategist to join the HANSHEP Secretariat team in our London office. HANSHEP is a consortium of high-level donor and government organisations focussed on harnessing non-state actors to deliver better health for the poor.
- The candidate should be educated to a degree level or equivalent and hold a professional qualification in a related subject area e.g. CIM
- HANSHEP operates in a complex and highly political environment, with a number of stakeholders and an increasingly complex set of delivery partners. The post-holder will need to demonstrate success in devising and delivering a successful communications strategy in a similar environment. The role requires analytical and strategic thinking and skills combined with practical delivery expertise.
The consultant will need to be comfortable with both planning and delivery. In particular and essential the position calls for:
- Sound political judgement
- Excellent strategic and analytical skills
- The ability to combine long-term planning and short-term reactive work
- Strong oral, written and presentation communications skills
- Attention to detail and editing skills to ensure that material published on behalf of HANSHEP and its Members meets its exacting high standards
- Experience of establishing and maintaining networks across the sector
Candidates will require a high level of skills, knowledge and expertise:
- Familiarity with the international health sector would be advantageous as would an understanding of the role of the private sector in health
- Excellent leadership and project management skills
- Excellent organisational skills and demonstrate an ability to prioritise workload to tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good, independent judgment
- Ability to think creatively.
Please could all interested applicants send their CV together with a covering letter to: Anisah.firstname.lastname@example.org
By no later than: 30th August 2017